Whack another item off the task list. The upstairs front room of my row house once was a beauty salon. There were stations set up with 20 amp plugs. I removed this and consolidated a couple of circuits which allowed me to remove a few breakers. There was also a lot of landline phone lines and I tugged a lotta that crap out.
GOD! My main panel is really gross. Its mounted on particle board, and the wall is wet to the touch. Hoo boy. Another interesting item, I encountered some of the old style wiring that uses fabric covered wiring a wooden raceways. [pic]. The existing wiring going to the furnace still has fabric on it too. A scary hallows eve indeed.